This year, the PTA is working with the LEMS administration to organize volunteer opportunities for parents who are interested and able to donate some of their time to the students.
Below are some easy and simple positions that don’t take a lot of time but make a HUGE impact:
- A morning/drop off or afternoon/pickup greeter (15-20 minutes)
- Volunteer during your child’s lunch period to supervice the school store (30 minutes). The store is open on alternating Fridays.
- Lunch or recess volunteering. (30 minutes) Get to know the kids and staff by helping supervise the kids during this time.
- Hall Duty (15-30 min session the volunteer does not have to be present all day)
- Book Store helper. Every year we have a book drive and the media specialists could use help setting up, helping students pick out books and pay for them.
- Turkey Trot
- PRIDE Community Days
Other volunteer positions that would a bit more consistency would be:
- Classroom volunteer
- After school position such as a menor or tutor
- Extra curricular club parent volunteer
We currently have a sign up sheet to be a School Store monitor. It's a 30-minute job and you are just overseeing the students who are running the store. The store is open every other Friday and is held during lunch period.
Every little bit helps and contributes to the LEMS community. All volunteers are requied to complete a quick 5-minute online training. Please click this link to access the course.
After completing the course, please bring your completion certificate to Ms. Ovide in the front office.
More volunteer opportunities:
- PTA Fundraiser events
- Field Trips
- Staff Appreciation
- Turkey Trot
- Spelling Bee
- E’STEAM Night
- International Night
- Grade Level Field Days
- 8th Grade Closing Ceremony